The Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta is held annually at Clark Special Economic Zone in Pampanga. It features multicolored hotair balloons and is considered the biggest aviation sports event in the Philippines.
I've been to this event twice already and I'd say each time was fun and exciting. I love seeing the balloons being inflated and taking off in the beautiful February dusk. This event is definitely a good bonding experience to be shared with friends and family. It also is a sure hit for photography enthusiasts.Below are helpful information detailing the schedule of activities, how to get there, what to bring, fast facts about the event and other activities that can be done while in Pampanga.
Schedule of Activities:
|Feb 11 Saturday||Third Fiesta Day|
|5.00-5.45 am||Philippine Flag jump|
|5.45-7.00 am||Hot Air Balloon Flights|
|7.00-7.30 am||RP / Malaysian / Spain/Australia Paragliding Exhibition|
|7.30-8.00 am||ACFC Ultralight/Microlight aircraft formation flights and flour bombing|
|8.00-8.30 am||Tandem Skydiving exhibition|
|8.30-9.00 am||Turbine RC flying display|
|9.00-9.45 am||Meynard Halili Aerobatic Show|
|9.45-10.30 am||Helicopter flight display|
|10.30-11.00 am||Philippine Coast Guard Rescue Demonstration|
|11.00-12.00 am||PT13 Stearman / AOPA-P Flyby|
|12.00-12.30 pm||WCC / Aviatour / Omni / PPA / CIA / Orient / flyby|
|12.30-1.00 pm||Radio-Controlled model aircraft demonstration|
|1.00-1.30 pm||Winch-launched German aerobatic glider flight|
|1.30-2.00 pm||KAP / KTP Kite Flying Demonstration|
|2.00-2.45 pm||AOPA-P Light aircraft balloon bursting competition|
|2.45-3.15 pm||Skydiving Exhibition|
|3.15-3.45 pm||CIAC Fire-fighting demonstration|
|3.45-4.30 pm||Meynard Halili Aerobatic Show|
|4.00-4.30 pm||ACFC Ultralight / Microlight aircraft formation flights|
|4.30-5.00 pm||FEATI/Philsca Rocketry Demonstration|
|5.00-5.30 pm||RP/Malaysian/Spain/ Australia Paragliding Exhibition|
|5.30-6.00 pm||Hot Air Balloon Night Glow|
|Feb 12 Sunday||Fourth Fiesta Day|
|5.20-5.30 am||Philippine Flag jump|
|5.30-7.00 am||Hot Air Balloon Flight|
|7.00-7.30 am||RP / Malaysian / Spain/ Australia Paragliding Exhibition|
|7.30-8.00 am||ACFC Ultralight / Microlight aircraft formation flights and flour bombing|
|8.00-8.30 am||Tandem Skydiving Exhibition|
|8.30-9.15 am||Meynard Halili / Aerobatic Show|
|9.15-10.00 am||Coast Guard Helicopter Rescue Demo|
|10.00-11.00 am||Wings Over Asia / AOPA – P Light Aircraft Balloon Bursting Competition|
|11.00-12.00 nn||CIAC Fire-Fighting Demonstration|
|12.00-12.30 nn||Radio-Controlled Model Aircraft Demonstration|
|12.30-1.00 pm||Car Drifting demonstration|
|1.00-1.30 pm||PT13/ WCC / Aviatour / Omni / Leading Edge/ Airlink flyby|
|1.30-2.30 pm||KAP / KTP Flying Exhibition|
|3:00-3:30pm||AFP / Civilian Skydiving Exhibition|
|3.30-4.00 pm||ACFC Ultralight / Microlight aircraft formation flights|
|4.00-4.15 pm||PT13 Stearman fly by|
|4.15-5.00 pm||Meynard Halili aerobatic Show|
|5.00-5.30 pm||RP / Malaysian / Spain/Australian Paragliding Exhibition|
|5:30- 7:30 pm||Hot Air Balloon Night Glow And Fireworks|
What to bring:
- comfortable footwear
How to get there:
OPTION 1: NLEX DAU EXIT
- Take the North Luzon Expressway and exit at Dau, Mabalacat, Pampanga.
- Make a left turn after the exit off-ramp, heading towards Angeles City
- Take another left at the t-intersection past the bus terminals
- Follow MacArthur Highway southbound, then make a right to enter Clark Special Economic zone. This is right after the entrance to SM City Clark.
- Enter thru the main gate and follow M.A. Roxas highway until you see the fiesta grounds on your right.
OPTION 2: SCTEX
- Take the North Luzon Expressway and continue into the SCTEX.
- Take the southbound SCTEX lane toward Subic/Olongapo
- Use the next exit, "Clark South Exit"
- Turn right after the toll booth
- Take another right when you reach NAIA Gateway Ave, near the GCLC fountain
- Follow this road until you reach the main highway (M.A. Roxas) and take a right
- The fiesta grounds will be on your right.
- Victory Liner or 5 Star (terminals located in Pasay and Cubao)
- Take a north bound bus to Dau.
- There are jeepneys and tricycles readily available by the highway that will bring you to Clark Main gate
- At the Clark main gate, you can choose to ride another jeepney or a taxi going to the event site
- Philtranco (bus stop at the back of SM Megamall and terminal in Pasay)
- Philtranco has a direct bus trip to Clark/DMIA.
There are 5 airline companies offering plane rides going to Clark
- Entrance Fee P200 is whole day consumable.
- Entrance tickets can be bought at SM Ticketnet Outlet, or at ROX Bonifacio Global City and ROX Marquee Mall Clark.
- Be at the site as early as 5am to catch the balloons early morning take of.
- Be sure to catch the Night Glow.
- There are food stalls and souvenir shops around so bring extra cash.
- Riding the balloon is for $200 per person, but on a fist-come-fist -serve-basis.
Other activities to do while in Clark:
- Food trip Pampanga and experience Kampampangan dishes.
- Visit churches around Pampanga.
- Go to the neighboring destination-- Subic!
- Experience Tree Top Adventure.
You guys enjoy!!!